Industry: Oil & Gas
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Commercial Manager, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Production/JV Accounting and Business Development. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is a large international oil & gas company with their Canadian Head Office in Calgary. Our client focusses on economic growth while reducing environmental impacts. Currently there is a need to add a Sr. Advisor, Policy to their team.
As a key member of the accounting policy and external reporting team, the Sr. Advisor is responsible for:
- Monitoring of emerging/evolving US GAAP accounting standards and assessing potential implications for the company
- Monitoring of SEC and CSA/ASC regulatory changes impacting filings and disclosures
- Providing guidance on technical accounting issues and related accounting policies; working closely with global accounting policy advisors to ensure consistency and alignment
- Working collaboratively with others across controllers, tax, treasurers, law, and the business to evaluate the impact of accounting & reporting changes and new business transactions
- Leading and/or assisting with implementation of the new accounting standards and reporting changes
- Supporting continued professional development of controllers’ staff (with a focus on US GAAP), including delivering training/workshops related to new/updated accounting standards
- Reviewing quarter-end and year-end filings
- CPA designation
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of securities regulations related to 8-K, 10-Q & 10-K and NI-51 filings
- 10 years of related experience, including accounting policy experience
- Knowledge of oil & gas industry beneficial but not required
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.