Industry: Oil & Gas
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Commercial Manager, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Senior Production/JV Accounting and Business Development. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is a private oil & gas company with their head office in downtown Calgary. They currently operate at ~ 4,000 boepd, with a mix of oil, gas and NGL products from their Alberta properties. They are looking to add a Senior Production Accountant to join their team. This will begin as a 6-month contract with potential to extend or go permanent.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Production Accountant is a key member of the Accounting and Operations team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Full cycle production, revenue, and royalty accounting for properties in Alberta
- Maintain regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Analysis and recording of crown and overriding royalties
- Support operations and working interest owners.
- Manual calculation and recording of 3rd party fees and general accounting entries.
- Reconciling and clearing of receivables.
- Assist with gas cost allowance.
- 10+ years related production accounting experience with both oil and gas properties in Alberta
- CAPPA certification
- Metrix experience is a must
- Qbyte FM experience is an asset
- Strong Excel and Analysis skills.
- Strong communications skills, interactions with Operations, Partners, and 3rd Parties.
- Basic understanding of accounting fundamentals, reporting, journal entries, and receivables
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.