Industry: Oil & Gas
Compensation: $120,000-145,000 per year, or commensurate hourly pay for a consultant
Our client is a midsized private upstream oil & gas company with their head office in downtown Calgary. They’ve a mix of oil and gas assets. They offer an optional hybrid work arrangement. No debt, and an active drilling program.
Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for key components of the financial reporting cycle.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and note disclosures;
- Participates in the preparation of quarterly management discussion and analysis, and ESTMA reporting;
- Prepares financial accounting analysis for Impairment, ARO, DD&A, acquisitions and dispositions;
- Prepare complex accounting
- Preparation of the quarterly tax provision. Review of tax returns prepared by external consultant;
- Assists with the research IFRS accounting issues and implementation of new accounting standards;
- Acts as a key point of contact for external auditors during the year end audit;
- Assists in the documentation and maintenance of the Company’s internal control policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain the Company’s corporate forecasting model
- Prepare various items for the annual budget, including the G&A budget
Future projects may include developing company’s ESG reporting, and redesigning SOX controls.
- University degree with a major in accounting
- Strong IFRS, able to do IFRS 16 lease calculations
- Ideally 8+ years of work experience including public practise and financial reporting in the energy industry – understanding drivers of the business, e.g., revenue & royalties variances, reserve reports in order to do complex impairment calculations for multiple CGUs; DD&A
- Experience with Qbyte, Optix, AFE Navigator and Wdesk preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line.
We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.