Industry: Oil & Gas
Compensation: $90,000-135,000 per year
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include C-level roles, Director, Controller, HR Management, Tax Management, Internal Audit, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Senior Production/JV Accounting. Our opportunities include permanent employment and contracts. Roneta also provides contingent workforce management.
- Our client is a 40+ year old stable, growing, small O&G company.
- Exposure to a lot of the business and operations – what’s behind the financials.
- Excellent training from the VP Finance, to whom this new added position reports.
- Solid compensation including a pension.
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASPE financial package for company entities. This includes all aspects of the financial reporting cycle (accruals, ARO, DDA, prepaids).
- Review and post entries prepared by other members of the accounting group (accounts payable, joint venture, production and revenue accounting).
- Prepare workpapers for corporate and partnership tax returns and utilize Tax Prep software to complete the returns.
- Act as a liaison for external auditors and manage their data requests during the annual audit process.
- Complete and submit various government and external reports in a timely manner (ESTMA, Stats Can, GST, PST, Fuel Tax Exemption).
- Assist with the accounting integration of any asset or corporate acquisitions.
Additional duties/projects may include:
- Backup AFE administrator
- Assist with forecasting
- Create a new quarterly report for Board and owners, including drilling program, and results vs budget/forecast
- CA/CPA with public practice experience, and ideally 2+ years of E&P industry experience
- Experience with JV Nexus an asset.
- A team player willing to collaborate and work closely with other professionals to achieve common goals.
- A professional accountant looking for an opportunity to develop a broad range of skills in a small office environment.
- Working in their office downtown 5 days/week
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line.
We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.