Industry: Oil & Gas
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Commercial Manager, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Production/JV Accounting and Business Development. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is a private oil & gas company with their head office in downtown Calgary. They currently operate at ~ 45,000 boepd, with operations in Alberta and Saskatchewan. They are looking to add an Operations Accountant to join their team. This is a permanent role reporting to the Manager, Operations Accounting.
- Prepare monthly operating and capital accruals, allocation entries, inventory entries, material transfers, and various month-end entries.
- Review and analyse operation results and prepare internal management reports.
- Qbyte master setups including, cost centers, DOI’s, and AFE’s.
- Manage operated joint venture billings and handle disputes.
- Monthly PST submission, review of self-assessment data, and preparation of PST entries.
- AFE Navigator (Execute) support and maintenance.
- Prepare payout statements.
- Work with Land, Operations and Field Operators to resolve issues.
- Assist in the quarterly review and annual audit with operations-related analysis.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a professional accounting designation.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive accounting work experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Solid understanding of operations and marketing accounting and capitalization criteria.
- Drives operational efficiencies to achieve superior outcomes.
- Able to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- High level of Excel proficiency required.
- Advanced knowledge of Qbyte FM, Optix, Energy Link, and AFE Navigator (Execute) considered an asset
- Our client currently has one day per week work from home flexibility, 4 days required in office
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.