Industry: Oil & Gas
Our client is an international oil and gas company with western Canadian operations based in downtown Calgary. Reporting to the Director, you will manage the team of traders, perform trading, and oversee LNG trading when live.
- Supervise 3 NG traders and perform NG trading
- Develop and execute trading strategies for various locational Natural Gas markets, with preference given to knowledge of the AECO and West markets.
- P&L responsibility for NG trading book(s)
- Daily reporting of positions and results relative to limits and budget targets
- Weekly & Monthly reporting on performance and discussion of trading and marketing activities
- Daily commentary on market conditions and including market views to be shared within the broader organization
- Assist with providing monthly fundamental reports on supply, demand and infrastructure issues including market views
- Assist analytics team with the collection, compilation and analysis of pricing and supply / demand data. Help develop pipeline balancing models and pricing tools
- Keep abreast of regulatory and toll changes from pipeline and storage companies and how they will impact portfolio
- Develop a prospective list of strategic assets which the Corporation should consider for acquisition
- Support global teams by sharing analytical results and market information etc.
- Interact and coordinate with the mid- and back-offices, and the natural gas global team, to support Canadian natural gas business development
- Western Canadian physical natural gas trading as a focus; 10+ years experience ideal
- Experience at an energy trading & marketing company
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university; MBA would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 15 years’ work experience with a proven record of margin generation
- Experience leading a team
- Proficiency in trading platforms and risk systems
- Team player and collaborative approach to working with others
- Use creative approach for complex commercial transactions
- Proficient in MS Office and related products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strategic thinking as well as practical problem-solving abilities.
- Able to conduct detailed business needs analysis and acumen to interpret/analyze/evaluate data and present key findings.
- Able to demonstrate a reputation for being innovative, forward thinking and a fair.
- The ability to take an active role in developing and executing on the future vision for the business.
To apply, please email us your resume as attachment, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.