Industry: Oil & Gas
Our client is a recently public, medium sized oil sands producer, with head office in Calgary. About 200 staff.
Casual dress, hybrid work arrangement and exposure to a variety of work experience are some of benefits. They need to hire for two new positions in order to bolster their external financial reporting capabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for key components of the financial reporting cycle. Duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated IFRS financial statements and note disclosures;
- External financial disclosure requirements for the NYSE and potentially also for the TSX soon, including pro forma or carve-out financial statements as required for filings, press releases, reserves disclosures, debt or equity offering documents
- Month end close transactions, account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly management discussion and analysis
- Prepare financial accounting and other complex calculations and analysis, e.g., Impairment, ARO, DD&A, acquisitions and dispositions;
- Assist with IFRS research and implementation of new accounting standards; Prepare related technical accounting memos/position papers.
- Act as a key point of contact for external auditors during the year end audit;
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures
- Assist in change management, business process creation and improvement
- Assist with senior management, board, audit committee communication, presentations
- Assist with preparing quarterly and annual accounting entries for current and deferred income tax provisions, including tax pool analysis
- Assist annual preparation of AIF and Information Circular
Future projects may include developing company’s ESG reporting, and redesigning C/SOX controls.
- CPA, prefer public practice experience
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience including preferred public upstream O&G experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with Qbyte and Power BI would be assets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good team player: ability to work with people of diverse disciplines, backgrounds, and cultures; share knowledge.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying and taking on projects and duties.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to meet deadlines, self-starter, and a quick learner.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.