Compensation: $110,000 to $150,000
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Commercial Manager, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Senior Production/JV Accounting and Business Development. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is and established public company with operations across North America. This is a permanent position reporting to the Director.
Reporting to the Director Accounting Policy, you will be a key member of the Finance team who will assist Finance and business stakeholders meet strategic goals by providing them with a clear and concise understanding of current and future accounting as it affects specific transactions and policies of the company. You will ensure that accounting policies are appropriate to meet business needs and practices, and unusual and complex transactions are in accordance with US GAAP and regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for coordinating the monitoring and reporting of the anticipated impact of emerging accounting standards, financial reporting requirements and industry issues and building and prioritizing the Accounting Policy team’s work plans to meet our strategic goals and those of our stakeholders. You will direct and supervise a Specialist, Accounting Policy. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop Accounting Policy work plans to meet strategic goals, prioritizing projects based on stakeholder requirements and team’s workload
- Lead continuous improvement of accounting policies though alignment with stakeholder goals, changes in business practices, and developments in US GAAP and financial reporting.
- Provide pinpointed guidance with respect to the accounting implications of unusual and complex transactions, including confidential transactions and contractual arrangements. As necessary, work with external auditors to obtain alignment on appropriate accounting:
- Lead accounting research for specific transactions, ensuring quality documentation prepared and communicated to stakeholders, and participate in cross functional resolution of accounting matters
- Oversee the review of new significant contracts for potential complex accounting requirements and provide education on required accounting to Finance and business representatives
- Lead process improvements for more efficient and effective review and assessment of unusual and complex contracts
- Keep current with new accounting pronouncements and prepare succinct pinpointed guidance to management with respect to their potential impact, and next steps required to implement.
- Lead cross functional teams implementing new accounting standards and developing Accounting Policies, including providing training on these policies to Finance and business representatives
- Prepare comment letters to standard setters for proposed new accounting pronouncements.
- Provide leadership to the Accounting Policy Committee
- Provide guidance with respect to accounting and regulatory requirements in relation to dealings with securities and other regulators, and prepare responses to securities regulators’ comment letters
- Review public documents to ensure that financial disclosures are appropriate
- Lead accounting policy related aspects during corporate acquisitions
- Direct and supervise the work of a Specialist, Accounting Policy
- CPA with ~10+ years of experience primarily in financial reporting, accounting policy and/or interpretation of US GAAP/IFRS
- Ability to interpret complex accounting policies and accounting treatment and translate to business application
Our client offers a hybrid work policy: 3 days in office, 2 optional days remote.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.