Industry: Oil & Gas
Our client is a medium size liquids (35%) and natural gas (65%) company that started in 1997 with operations focused primarily in Alberta. 65K boepd, 75% operated. Their head office is located in Calgary, and they have two smaller offices located around Edson, Alberta and around the South Caroline area of Alberta to assist with our field operation staff. Currently employing just over 150 employees with additional contract operators. No debt, lots of flexibility. 2023 drilling plan is 30 wells. No asset disposal plans.
With weekly treat days, monthly get-togethers, larger scale parties for major events, volunteering options, a games area, private offices, corporate growth, and an optional hybrid work arrangement, the culture is great, with plenty of opportunities for staff to get to know one another.
The term is 6 months to start. Hourly pay from Roneta. Possible extension or conversion to permanent employment.
Reporting to the Supervisor, JV Accounting, you will join a team of two other JV accountants.
- Collaborate with Land, Joint Venture, Operations and Accounting teams
- Respond to Operated queries and resolve disputes
- Review and code Non-Operated joint venture billings through Energylink or manual
submission of land and road use invoices
- Interpret joint venture agreements to verify partner billings
- Analyze and monitor payable and receivable balances pertaining to assigned JV partners
- Collection of partner receivables
- Review Non-Operated 13th Month Adjustments and Equalizations
- Assist in the compilation and review of the monthly JV cheque run
- Ideally 5+ years of operated and non-operated upstream O&G JV accounting experience
- Strong EnergyLink & Excel
- Knowledge of PASC accounting procedures
- Qbyte FM, Optix, CS Explorer, OpenInvoice, and AFE Navigator skills are assets
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.