Industry: Upstream Oil & Gas
Our client is a Calgary-based, public upstream O&G company at approximately 24k boepd and trending to 37k boepd in a year. Mostly light oil and operated, with 250 staff, of which 100 are in Calgary.
What Makes Them Attractive
- Exposure to acquisitions, TSX and NYSE, refinancings
- Continuous improvement, e.g., investing in new s/w tools for financial reporting and analysis (Power BI, Active Disclosure)
- Very stable Finance and Accounting team (25) and processes
- Entire Calgary staff on two floors, making it easy to collaborate with all departments
- Optional remote-work Fridays
You will have key accountabilities of external financial reporting in IFRS for the TSX and NYSE, financial accounting, internal controls, accounting research, and liaising with external auditors.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the completion of external reporting requirements, including Management Discussion & Analysis, financial statements and notes, Annual Information Form, 40-F, ESTMA, etc.
- Complete monthly internal reporting requirements;
- Research and analyze International Financial Reporting Standards, as required;
- Complete complex calculations (depletion, stock-based compensation, impairments, etc.);
- Resolve complex accounting issues;
- Complete various financial accounting tasks
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Monitor controls and ensure compliance with control environment, e.g., SOX;
- Supporting/completing various ad hoc projects.
- Canadian CPA, CA
- Public practice audit experience
- IFRS and public company experience
- Prefer 3+ years of in-house corporate direct external financial reporting experience
- Prefer upstream oil and gas experience
- QByte knowledge is an asset
Work days typically 7-8 AM to 4-5 PM; at quarter-end expect a couple 50-hour weeks and a weekend of work; at year-end expect a couple 50-hour weeks; between quarters not much OT.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.