Industry: Oil & Gas Services
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Commercial Manager, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Production/JV Accounting and Business Development. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is a publicly listed Energy Services Company located in downtown Calgary. Currently there is a need to add a Financial Analyst, Corporate to the team. This is a permanent role reporting to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
The Financial Analyst, Corporate is responsible for the preparation of financial results with high level analysis of results compared to budget/forecast and prior year, account reconciliations, consolidations, intercompany balancing and ensuring that financial records are maintained in accordance with corporate standards. The role is also responsible for the preparation and working with business unit finance on the budget/forecasts in accordance with corporate set timelines. This position will work closely with the entire finance team to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and integrity in the financial reporting. This position will also take a technical role in the implementation of new business system enhancements/improvements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Financial Statement preparation
- Management reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Internal controls
- Dealing with auditors
- Assist with Treasury and Tax functions
- Special projects as required
- Completion of CPA accounting designation.
- Public practice experience, preferably Big 4 or mid size firm that deals with pubco’s
- Ideally 1-3 years of post designation experience, either in industry or with firm
- Experience completing or reviewing financial statements per IFRS
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office, specifically Excel and Word.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.