Industry: Upstream Oil & Gas
Our client is an internationally based energy company with operations in Western Canada. Currently because of growth our client needs to add a Financial Analyst to their team. This is a permanent role reporting to the Operations Controller.
- Provide day to day finance and procurement support to the Operations Controller
- Review and monitor AFEs, POs and APs for payment
- Perform standard and ad hoc financial analyses for applicable market segments
- Assist with related finance entries, analysis, and decision support as required
- Seek continuous improvement of operating and reporting efficiencies
- Partner to improve reporting including building and maintaining performance dashboards
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate financial records including account reconciliations
- Assist with maintenance of internal control framework
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
- 3 to 5 years of finance and/or accounting experience
- Completed post-secondary Accounting Degree or Diploma
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered a definite asset
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with a results-oriented work style and able to manage multiple demands
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and a strong team player
- Strong attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Experience with Qbyte is an asset
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.