Industry: Oil & Gas
Roneta is a premier specialized executive search and staffing firm. Our teams work with intermediate through executive professionals. Typical opportunities include CFO, Controller, HR Management, Tax Manager, Internal Audit, Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst, Production/JV Accounting. Our opportunities include permanent employment and both short and long-term contracts.
Our client is a Calgary-based, private exploration and production company with oil and gas assets in Southern Alberta. Operating at ~60,000 boepd and coming off strong results, and without debt, they are looking at add a Cash Management Analyst to their team. This is a permanent role reporting to the Controller with dotted line to Treasurer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for various treasury accounting and reporting tasks, with a solid grasp of the related transactions understanding both source and use of funds, as well as operational and financial accounting. Specific responsibilities include:
- Embrace and maintain our robust and comprehensive 12-month cash forecast
- Build a strong understanding of the business to identify and evaluate variances within forecasts
- Oversight Corporate and Joint-Venture Cash Management and the full cycle accounting of payables and receivables.
- Management and execution of monthly payment run’s, EFT’s and wire transfers.
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs.
- Prepare and track monthly Cash Calls from Joint Venture partners
- Advise on cash movements for the annual Strategic Planning process, including the development of the Five-Year Business Plan and the Annual Budget
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly Inter-Company cash reconciliations.
- Coordinate annual Insurance renewal and complete counterparty creditworthiness assessments and credit applications.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual audit.
- Maintenance of financial authority matrix.
- Monthly banking entries, including accruals.
- Support monthly Governmental filings, GST and NRT.
- Provide other assistance to the Finance Department as required.
- Ideally a university degree in Commerce, Economics, and/or a CPA designation
- 5+ years of progressive relevant Oil & Gas experience; dealing with multiple legal entities is an asset
- A minimum three-years of cash management experience
- Extensive experience in QByte FM, Optix Reporting and OpenInvoice systems are ideal
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working in their office 1 day a week, with the remainder being remote if desired
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the email subject line. We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.