Industry: Oil & Gas
Compensation: $90,000-120,000 per year
Our client is a midsized private upstream oil & gas company with their head office in downtown Calgary. They’ve a mix of liquid and gas assets. They offer an optional hybrid work arrangement.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations Accounting, the successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle capital accounting and reporting.
- Document and maintain capital expenditure policies and procedures;
- Recommend and implement process improvements, as identified;
- System administrator for AFE Execute;
- Enhance reporting and improve efficiency by leveraging systems and reporting tools;
- Act as a key point of contact with AFE owners to ensure AFEs are raised and approved in adherence with company policy;
- Compile and analyze monthly capital accruals;
- Prepare monthly capital report and actual to budget analysis;
- Prepare monthly AFE supplement reports;
- Coordinate with AFE owners to ensure AFEs are revised or supplemented as required;
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for inventory and material transfers
- Prepare payouts;
- Opportunity for project work, ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- 3-10 years of related upstream O&G experience including capital accounting and reporting;
- Capital accruals exposure;
- Strong preference for Qbyte FM, Optix and AFE Execute (formerly AFE Navigator);
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, e.g., at least the basics of Pivot Tables and v-lookups;
- Experience with Microsoft cubes preferred.
Currently these duties are split between two people. Due to growth they’ve decided to add a new position dedicated to the duties.
To apply, please email us your resume, attached, in confidence to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line.
We prefer resume files as .doc or .rtf; pdf acceptable.